LemonGrass Chicken 2020
I've been meaning to recreate this recipe that I last made in 2016 as I didn't manage to get a picture. Why? The whole family was too hungry and impatient. That's why.
Finally, it's here with photos as well as a video especially made for you. Yes, you.
It's really a very simple recipe and won't take much of your time.
1/2 kg chicken
10 bird eye chillies
5 stalk lemon grass
1 tbsp. ginger paste
1 tbsp. garlic paste
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. sugar
3 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tsp. lime juice
1. Clean the chicken and wash with little turmeric powder. I used organic chicken which is easier to clean because it has less fat. Keep the chicken aside.
2. Blend the lemongrass with 6 bird eye chillies.
3. Now marinate the chicken with the blended paste, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, black pepper and salt. Marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a heavy bottom pan. If you do not have coconut oil alternatively you can use any vegetable oil.
5. Add in chopped onions. Saute till translucent.
6. Add in the marinated chicken. Cook in medium heat to prevent the chicken get burnt as we are not adding water.
7. Add in salt and fish sauce. Fish sauce is already salty, so reduce the amount of salt.
- Give a quick stir and close with the lid.
- Cook about 10 minutes till chicken is fully cooked. Once in a while stir the chicken.
8. After 10 to 15 minutes open the lid and add in lime juice. Stir for few seconds.
9. Remove from the stove. Serve with white rice.
Hmm.. just look at the picture. It's so mouthwatering isn't it?
Give it a try and I'm pretty sure you'll love it.
Do let us know what you think about this recipe in the comment section below.