Curry Chicken Sandwich
The idea of using canned curry chicken to make a sandwich suddenly popped in my mind one fine morning. Ever since Movement Control Order started in March 2020, I've been breaking my head to prepare new variety everyday so that my family doesn't get bored eating same dish everyday.
If you like the video, please do subscribe to our channel as well. It will be a huge boost of morale for us .
Yes, I agree we should not eat highly processed food regularly but hey, once in a while let's try something different, shall we?
It takes just 30 minutes to prepare and grill the sandwich. You'll have more time to do other things that matters once you have done with the breakfast. Of course, if you want to save more time, then you can just make a cup of chocolate drink and get your kids to eat cream crackers. Haha
If you are really out of ideas for breakfast, try this. I know most of you will be busy starting today (in Malaysia) as we are starting the recovery mode. If you need to go to work and the kids staying at home, then you can prepare this for them before leaving to work.
1 canned curry chicken
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp meat curry powder
1 sprig curry leaves.
1. Debone the chicken meat from the can and then shred it into small pieces. Mash the potato from the can as well. Mix with the gravy. Keep aside. Canned meat usually goes through retort process, so the bones tend to be fragile. Carefully remove all the fine bones as well.
2. Heat oil in pan. Add chopped onions and curry leaves. Saute till translucent.
3. Add in ginger and garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell is gone.
4. Add in chopped tomatoes. Fry till the tomatoes become soft and pulpy.
5. Add in chili powder and curry powder. Keep on stir. You can see oil oozing up from tiny holes.
6. Add the chicken. Mix well. The gravy itself will have salt so do not add too much.
7. Keep on stirring until the gravy thickens and a nice aroma fills the air.
8. Turn off heat.
1. Take a slice of bread and spread butter 1 tsp of butter.
2. Spread the gravy
3. Top with cheese slice.
4. Spread again gravy.
5. Spread butter to a another slice of bread. Cover.
6. Smear butter in a grill pan.
7. Toast the bread both sides till brown and crisp.
8. Serve by cutting half the bread.
Notes : You can add Cucumber slices on top of cheese for extra crunchiness.